GLASSMAT — technology of glass matting
This new technology enables a unique quality to customize virtually any window. Ware for hotels and restaurants, prestigious awards, design shop windows and mirrors, the numbers of cars on the glass, etc. There is a glass surface, which can not decorate with GlassMat! In this case the resulting image on the glass «eternal,» it is impossible to wash or scrape off. The matte surface is fine-grained, «silk» surface, which is not greasy fingerprints.
The main component of the technology is special paste GlassMat. For those products that are difficult to handle by a paste (eg, objects, or irregularly circular shape), applied fluid GlassMat. To form a protective coating on objects that are processed through the paste or liquid, use an ordinary tape.
WORKING WITH PASTA GLASSMAT
The technology works with the paste is very simple and does not require large investments of funds. Schematically, the process of manufacturing products can be described as follows:
1) You should make a template. To create a template, the most convenient to use the cutting plotter, or, at most office knife.
2) Stick to your page template editing of the film, which is equal to the size of the pattern. Now your pattern is a three-layer sandwich: a paper substrate, vinyl film with adhesive tape and mounting the top.
Before applying the template to the object glass, the glass should be processed by any stekloochestitelem and wiped dry with a towel or cloth. Place the pattern on the glass as it is required. Secure it to the glass one segment of the paper tape along the top edge.
3) Fold the pattern of the glass so that it rested on an adhesive tape holding the door on its hinges. Remove the paper substrate with a pattern, exposing the adhesive layer (not to dispose of the substrate — it still is useful to you. Carefully glue the template using the plastic blade.
4) Carefully remove the tape from the wiring pattern. Putting down on paper substrate pattern much iron it with a plastic spatula. It is essential that all parts of the image firmly stuck to the glass, and between the vinyl and the glass had no air bubbles. Paper substrate does not allow the blade to catch the details
5) With the installation of office, or a knife to remove those details of the image on the site that you want to get a matte finish. Do not try to hang over the edge of the details — so you are sure to damage the flat edge of the picture. Instead, make a small incision in the middle parts, insert into the slot mounting a knife and slowly and carefully peel off the piece of glass. Once you peel off the glass all the necessary details, cover with a paper template substrate and iron it again with a plastic spatula.
6) Take a good look, there is not whether the glass particles parts matiruemyh adhesive vinyl film. Carefully remove them with a fingernail. Do not use any of the windshield — they can destroy the entire adhesive layer on vinyl. Cover the strips of vinyl or paper tape all areas that you do not intend to matt, but what chance can get pasta. Apply a thick paste GlassMat strip next to your image.
7) IMPORTANT: Do not pour the paste directly on the image — as a result it may turn out uneven!
8) Using a plastic blade assembly fast movements, apply the paste on the image so that it is covered with a thick layer all the details. Never use a brush for this! Leave the paste on the glass for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes with the help of the same blade, remove the paste with a glass or pick up a paste in a jar, if you intend to use it again. Rinse the glass surface, so that it and the pattern remained the paste.
9) Remove the template under the tap, trying to go away so that the jet of water between the glass and fell into a pattern. Thoroughly rinse and dry the glass. Now your picture will remain on the glass forev
USE Liquid GLASSMAT
The technology of the liquid is also simple and does not require large investments, as you would with toothpaste.
Schematically, the process of manufacturing products can be described as follows:
— Take a plastic container, larger in volume than the selected processing facility.
— Place the object is selected for processing in an empty container. — Fill the container with water up to the level required for engraving.
— Remove the object from the container and mark the water level on the outside of the container. Pour the water. Dry the container itself and the object.
— Fill the container with liquid GLASSMAT to the marked level.
— Slowly lower the object into the container, prevent its possible movement in the water, for example, filling it with water. Leave on for 15 minutes.
— At the end of this time remove the object from the container.
— Wash the object with soap and water. Dry it.
— Pour the liquid GLASSMAT in its original packaging, as the liquid can be reused.